Ten Top Tips for E-mail Marketing
E-mail marketing is a great way to communicate with your customers and leads and if you use the right tools for the job it can offer you an effective way to accurately measure and track engagement. Yay!
Measuring engagement helps you to understand how people interact with your e-mail marketing – how many and who opened it – the open rate, what made people click – the click-through rate (CTR) and what works – a.k.a split testing.
Rather than just looking at the numbers usually, percentages compared to industry benchmarks, looking at the qualitative information can give you really useful insight into your customers’ behaviours and help with creating future campaigns. By understanding what people are clicking on you can gain an insight into the content of most interest to your customers and therefore design your email marketing communications accordingly.
Want to know why e-mail marketing is useful? Read Four reasons to use e-newsletters a blog we wrote last year.
Top Ten Tips E-mail Marketing
Here are our top tips ten on good email marketing and how to measure the metrics:
- Work on having a list of quality contacts – you will soon find out if you don’t
- Make sure you are compliant with GDPR as to how you got these contacts into your list, you must be able to evidence that explicit consent was given.
- Ensure the subject and lead in are clear with a call to action. Inboxes on all devices have a preview pane.
- Create links to relevant content on all images, logos, and graphics
- Give people information before asking them to click a button to your preferred webpage. For example, you want your contact to register for an event, there should be sufficient information ahead of the button before requesting a click.
- Book now button – an email is method of communication to your customer, it is not a sales platform. Pushing customers in this way may discourage clicks
- Do not have too many hyperlinks within the text, try to limit this to a maximum of 3.
- Use the footer of the email to display the legally required information such as your company’s registered address, registration number etc.
- Include forward to a friend and social sharing buttons so your content can be shared more widely by your customers
- Make sure your email adds value to your customer with an offer, some valuable insight or an interesting fact
Trackback from your site.